Weekly Update from Mrs Bullmore

Dear Families,

Despite much media coverage this weekend about Primary School’s reopening on the 1st of June, this has not been said by the Secretary of state for education. We await  many questions to be answered by ministers in relation to phased return, social distancing, shielding and much more. However, be rest assured that I will communicate with you as soon as I have been given the correct guidance around any form of reopening and logistically how this will work safely for the  SMTV community.

Mrs Board and I have now spoken to, left a message or attempted to contact virtually all of our families. We will continue to do so this week. Your well being is our priority and we believe it to be vitally important that we keep in touch. We very much appreciated talking to so many of you last week.

We are all truly taken aback by the way you have all embraced ‘home learning’ for your children. It does not matter whether you are attempting all of the work set, some of it, cooking, gardening, reading, playing, exercise or just chilling with your child (or children) you should ALL be very proud of yourselves! I know that each parent / family have a unique situation and despite us providing work, activities & challenges there is NO pressure to complete this. I realise just getting through the day for some people is a huge challenge and we all know that some days seem easier than others!

This Friday is a bank holiday, therefore, no school work will be set. However, you may like to celebrate the 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe day at home with some of the ideas in the document below.

VE day celebrations

“We’ll meet again. don’t know where, don’t know when, but I know we’ll meet again some sunny day.”

Please see on our school website a new coronavirus help line for parents and carers from Dorset Council. If you’re worried about how your child is coping at the moment and is needing someone to talk to there is help provided through the Educational Psychology Service.

I have already written to our families who will have children joining us in Reception in September 2020 and I am finalising a plan if our usual induction process is not possible.

Similarly, we have been liaising with Gillingham School to discuss their plan for induction for our Year 6 children going into Year 7. We have already started the transition process  with lots of vital information to support as smooth a transition as possible.

Finally, can I thank all of you for your great support during these challenging times and please keep in touch.

Look out for a photo collage and message from all the staff later this week!

Stay safe and well.

Sarah Bullmore

Contact Us

For more information or to get in touch:

01747 824446
or by Email