I am Warrior! I am strong, brave and powerful. Meet me in battle. Draw your sword, wield your axe and challenge me if you dare! Invade and attack, Romans versus the Celts, the fight is on……
We will discover warring Britain, meet Claudius, Boudicca, and Julius Caesar. We will find out what the Romans did for us in Britain.
Get ready for Gladiator school and learn alongside brave Spartacus and Spiculus : brave fighters of the Roman Colosseum.
Maths Inspire maths , Data and Fractions
English Play scripts , dialogues, reports and letters
History The Roman Empire and its impact on Britain,key historical figures
Art and Design Mosaics and drawing
Design Technology Shields, Roman Design
Geography Comparing Britain and Italy , using maps, locational knowledge
Physical Education Netball , Gymnastics
French Intercultural Understanding,Knowledge about Language
Religious Education Understanding Christianity – The Kingdom of God
Jigsaw Celebrating difference
At the end of the ILP, we’ll invite you to visit our class on the afternoon of Wednesday 11th December
We will continue to focus on learning multiplication and division facts up to and including 12 X 12. Homework remain learning the Year 3 and 4 spelling words from the National Curriculum and words linked to our Topic.
Ways in which you can help your child in Saturn class- suggested activities
· Find out if there are any Roman forts or settlements near where you live. Try to visit one and take lots of photographs of what you see.
· Look at Roman artefacts in detail at a local museum, the museum in Dorchester holds an interesting collection of artefacts, Celtic and some Roman or visit the British Museum website.Create a PowerPoint presentation, showing the artefacts that most interest you, and provide information about what they were used for.
· Look at holiday brochures and online information to find out about modern day Rome as a tourist destination. Which tourist attractions would you like to visit? What is the weather like?
· Try to find a map of Roman Britain. Find out about some of the names of roads, towns and cities. What are their modern names?
· Read a book or watch a film on a Roman theme. Write a review to let your classmates know what you thought about it.
Reading is so crucial across the whole of the curriculum, the more reading with, enjoyment and encouragement you offer your child the better! Please ask them what they are reading, chat about the stories and information they are interested in. Please follow this link for recommended reading texts for Year 4
Encouraging your child to use a dictionary both to check spellings and definitions is of great benefit to them. Also visits to the local library to stimulate their interests will really help. Quick mental maths games, especially those helping your child to learn all their multiplication tables and number facts. Also telling the time as part of their daily activities would be beneficial, many children struggle with this and regular reference to actual time is very helpful.
Remember to look in on us on Class DOJO
Please do come and ask if you have any queries at all.
Mrs Smith , Miss Knott and Mrs White